Since its opening in 2005, The Modern has received two Michelin stars, three New York Times stars, the Wine Spectator Grand Award, and four James Beard Prizes, including Best New Restaurant, Outstanding Wine Service, and Outstanding Restaurant Style.
The New is a 2 Michelin-starred contemporary American restaurant in the Museum of Modern Architecture. The restaurant, operated by Executive Chef Thomas Allan, features sophisticated, creative dishes that showcase excellent ingredients and seasonality. Lunch provides a $138 three-course or $178 six-course set.
Also Read: Grand Ideas For Opening a Restaurant
Dinner at The Modern is a 7-course menu, showcasing a few options on your side, as well as several courses that the restaurant is happy to share with you, adding a sense of excitement to your meal and also mediating your own preferences. Dinner is $228 per male, with a choice of wine pairings. The New recognizes a reservation 28 days in advance.
The restaurant also comprises a colorful and welcoming Bar Suite, a seasonal rooftop dining terrace, and a bar & lounge to greet walk-ins. The Kitchen Table provides a custom multi-course meal for up to four guests at the core of the restaurant’s world-class kitchen.
The Modern is located on the ground floor of the Museum of Modern Art, with a street-level entrance at 9 West 53rd Street between 5th and 6th Avenues.
Best hotels near Le Bernardin
- Baccarat Hotel & Residences New York – 0.07 km away
- The Peninsula New York – 0.15 km away
- The Jewel, a Club Quarters Hotel, Opposite Rockefeller Center – 0.15 km away
- Radisson Hotel New York Midtown-Fifth Avenue – 0.16 km away
Also Read: Dine Out Vancouver Festival
Best restaurants near Le Bernardin
- Baccarat Hotel Bar – 0.02 km away
- Il Gattopardo – 0.09 km away
- 21 Club – 0.08 km away
Best attractions near Le Bernardin
- The Museum of Modern Art (MoMA) – 0.08 km away
- St. Thomas Church – 0.03 km away
- Paley Center for Media – 0.08 km away
- 53rd Street Public Library – 0.07 km away