Explore the coffee culture in the gorgeous district of Chikmagalur, one of the most sought after travel destinations in Karnataka.
Perched on a green hillock in the Western Ghats, surrounded by rich culture, bright feelings, and varying coffee flavors. Quench your thirst and your curiosity at our luxurious Chikmagalur resort. Chikmagalur was the birthplace of India’s very first coffee plantation. Today, many plantations thrive on the slopes of the hills, often protected by dense forests which give its evergreen scenery.
The restaurant at Serai – Grant yourself food tastes, which burst into your mouth. We dish a wide range of cuisines from around the world and food favorites that whet your appetite.
- THE BLUE SKY
The Bar at Serai – Grab a drink and save yourself a sweet spot at the most exquisite lounge bar in the coffee country. Savor every sip while enjoying being on top of the planet.
- OUTDOOR DINING
In the midst of a Coffee Plantation – Let the sounds of the forest be the music to your ears during that special lunch or dinner.
Features & Facilities
- Outdoors – Outdoor Fireplace, Picnic Area, Outdoor Furniture, BBQ Facilities, Garden
- Internet – Wifi is available
- Parking – Free Parking, (no reservation needed), Accessible Parking, Secured Parking
- Activities – Walking tours, Badminton equipment, Tennis equipment, Evening entertainment, Cycling, Library, Table tennis, Billiards, Games room
- Pool and Wellness – Swimming pool, Kids’ pool, Fitness/spa locker rooms, Neck massage & Back massage, Sun loungers or beach chairs, Open-air bath, Outdoor pool, Indoor pool, Fitness center
- Food and Drink – On-site coffee house, Chocolate or cookies, Fruits, Bottle of water, Wine/champagne, Kid meals, Bar, Restaurant
- Reception services – Concierge service, Luggage storage, Tour desk, 24-hour front desk
- Entertainment and Family Services – Kids’ outdoor play equipment, Indoor play area, Books, DVDs, music for children, Board games/puzzles
- Business Facilities – Fax/photocopying, Business centre, Meeting/banquet facilities
- Safety and Security – Fire extinguishers, CCTV outside property, CCTV in common areas, Smoke alarms, Security alarm, 24-hour security, Safety deposit box
- General – Shuttle service, Airport shuttle, Shuttle service, Air conditioning Shops, Gift shop Facilities for disabled guests, Non-smoking rooms, Newspapers Room service
- Cleaning Services – Daily housekeeping, Trouser press, Ironing service, Dry cleaning, Laundry
Rules and Policies
- Guest Profile
- Unmarried Couples are not allowed
- Bachelors allowed
- Suitable for children
- Smoking/Alcohol consumption
- Some restrictions on Alcohol consumption
- Smoking is permitted inside the premises
- Pets are not allowed
- Payment Related
- Accepted Credit / Debit Cards
- Refundable security deposit is required before check-in.100% advance payment before check-in
- Mullayanagiri Peak
At an elevation of 1930 meters above sea level, Mullayanagiri is the highest peak in Karnataka. It is about 28 kilometers from The Serai Chikmagalur. The district of Chikmagalur in Karnataka includes several peaks ideal for trekking.
The entire area receives very heavy rainfall, making it extremely difficult to navigate the trekking routes in the monsoons. With frequent mists, the winters are extreme, reducing visibility along the slippery inclines. Between September and February, the best time to go trekking in Chikmagalur is.
Address – VU2CHQ, Mullayanagiri Peak, Sarpadhari, Pandaravalli, Karnataka 577130, India
- Jhari Waterfalls
Jhari Waterfalls are at a distance of 30 kilometers from The Serai Chikmagalur. Jhari Waterfalls, also known as the Buttermilk Falls, is situated at a distance of 12 km from Baba Budangiri near Attigundi. It is one of the Chikmagalur district’s most popular waterfalls, and one of the district’s best tourist spots.
Jhari Falls, situated on the way to Baba Budangiri or Kemmangundi from Chikmagalur, is surrounded by dense forest and coffee plantations. This fall is created by the springs generated in the mountains. A pool is formed by the waterfall below which allows visitors to swim and play in the water.
Address – Jhari waterfalls path, Inam Dattathreya Peeta, Karnataka 577131, India
- Hirekolale Lake
The famous Hirekolale Lake is about 16 kilometres away from The Serai Chikmagalur. The city is spread over 30 km2 and is a place packed with stunning scenic places and spectacular locations. Located 250 km from Bengaluru, it’s a great getaway from the hustle and bustle of city life.
This beautiful man-made lake is situated 10 km from Chikmagalur, and 50 km from Kemmangundi. It was constructed in the nearby villages as a source of drinking water for the town of Chikmagalur and to supply water for irrigation purposes.
Address – Hirekolale Road, HirekoLale, Karnataka 577101, India
- Hebbe Waterfalls
A sight to behold, Hebbe Waterfalls are divided into two stages – the bigger Dodda Hebbe and the smaller Chikka Hebbe, together reaching a height of over 165 meters. Hebbe has located about 70 km from The Serai Chikmagalur.
The Hebbe Fall is the most exotic in West Karnataka, in the Chikmagalur district. This magical waterfall is located in the beautiful hill station of Kemmangundi, which is an 8-hour drive from Bangalore, thus offering the enthusiastic visitors a scenic road ride.
The area around the waterfall is full of thick forests with many coffee plantations.
Address – Unnamed Road, Kesavinamane, Karnataka 577131, India
- Baba Budangiri
In the middle of the Western Ghats, a trek up the Baba Budangiri hill leads to a cave shrine dedicated to the Sufi saint Baba Budan. To the north of Karnataka district Chikkamagalur lies the Western Ghats of India’s Baba Budan Range. Hazrat Dada Hayat Khalandar (Baba Budangiri is a mountain in the Baba Budan Range and is renowned for its Sufi Shrine, also known as Baba budangiri.
In addition to hiking and trekking, Baba Budangiri Hills are renowned for their rare range of forests. In between, Mullayanagari and Baba Budangiri have a beautiful trekking route.
Address – Bababudan Giri Rd, Nagenahalli, Karnataka 577137, India
How to Reach
The Serai, welcomes you to lush green fields, to the ancient landscaped ruins, to the temples that have witnessed history.
- By Train – Hassan (60 kms), Sakleshpur (62 kms), Davanagere (98 kms)
- By Bus – Mangalore (152 kms), Mysore (178 kms), Bangalore (245 kms)
- Distance from Major Cities – Mangalore (152 kms), Mysore (178 kms), Bangalore (245 kms), Hubli (315 kms), Calicut (320 kms), Coimbatore (385 kms), Belgaum (405 kms), Panjim (470 kms), Kolhapur (491 kms), Trichur (505 kms), Trichy (591 kms), Chennai (595 kms)